Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My secret Strawberry Cake



This is my all time favorite recipe. All. Time. I got this recipe from a lady who made cakes for a store I used to work at. I would get SO excited when she brought the cakes. Literally I would be in tears because I was so happy!! True story. She let me in on the secret to this recipe. Mexican vanilla. It is still good with regular but the mexican makes it REALLY good. There's something about that strong vanilla taste. This recipe is great for a big crowd (13x9) or you can make it into a 2 or 3 layer cake. It is so pretty in layers. The cake is a beautiful pink color! I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.


Cake:
1 box white cake mix (Duncan Hines)
1/2 c  vegetable oil
1 3oz strawberry jello mix
1 c heavy whipping cream OR sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 c water
1 t vanilla
1 c strawberries, cut into chunks (sprinkle sugar on top)


Preheat oven according to box instructions. Cut up strawberries, sprinkle with sugar, and set aside. 




Mix the remaining ingredients. Fold in strawberries. Bake according to box. 








Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 stick of butter, softened
1 t vanilla
powdered sugar




Mix cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar until you have enough frosting. I usually add about 3 cups. Sometimes more. Just eyeball it! :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment