Sunday, January 1, 2012

Bean Soup






Here is a recipe from my dear friend, Sabrina. She just posted it to her blog too (LouLou Sucre) Y'all will love this one. I made it for dinner on Christmas eve and it was prefect because it was easy, filling, and taste great. I served over rice with cornbread.



2 cans Great Northern Beans
2 cans Ranch Style Beans with Jalapenos
1 can Campbell's Bean with Bacon Soup
2 cans water
1 pound smoked sausage, cut into bite-size pieces (I used Down Home Green Onion)
1 onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

Combine all of the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on high for at least 4 hours.  If cooking 8 hours, reduce heat to low. 

Note: I have also made it in a stockpot on the stove. Bring all ingredients to a boil then simmer for 1-2 hours. 





Enjoy!!

1 comment: