Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Taco Casserole


I'm always trying to create new dishes with my leftovers. I don't mind leftovers but sometimes I just don't want to eat the same thing the next day. I made tacos one night and had quite a bit meat left so I started throwing stuff I had in a skillet. It was delicious!!

1 lb ground meat
1 packet taco seasoning
corn or flour tortillas
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 can Rotel
Cheddar cheese, shredded
salsa, optional
jalapenos, optional
green onions, optional

Over medium heat, combine leftover taco meat, beans, corn, and rotel. Heat thoroughly. In a greased casserole dish, layer tortillas, ground meat mixture, and cheese. Repeat layer.

Bake, covered, at 350 for 30 minutes. Top with chopped green onions, salsa, or jalapenos.




No comments:

Post a Comment