Sunday, September 2, 2012

Chicken n Rice



Hey y'all!! It has been quite a while since I've posted anything. My 4 month baby boy has been keeping me very busy! Now that I'm getting used to working and juggling being a mother, my recipes are going to keep getting easier and quicker!! I miss my time in the kitchen but I love spending time with Wilson. So where to turn... PINTEREST!! Everyones go to cook book these days. There are so many different recipes to try on there. So this one is for "Forgotten Chicken" from Darling Doodles. She said you can cook it on a low temp (250-275) and cook for a few hours. I put it in for 375 for about a hour. Depends on how big your chicken breast are. I took two big chicken breast and sliced them into tenderloins. It was a hit in the Rainwater household!

What you need:
Boneless skinless chicken breast
Minute rice (I used two bags)
1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup mix (shake bag well before pouring)
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can water

What you do:
Mix together soups, water, and 2 cups of rice (uncooked). Pour into greased casserole dish. Lay chicken breast on top of rice mixture and sprinkle onion soup mix on top. COVER with foil. Bake at 375 for approximately an hour. Or like I said above, you can cook for longer on a lower temp. It's a good one to put in before church and it will be ready when you get home. It should be slightly brown around the edges and bubbly. Yum!!




1 comment:

  1. Looks good! Glad to see you blog about quick, easy, and delicious food!!
    I have been making your Carolyn casserole (the one with the rice and beef) and freezing half of it for later use. It freezes well and I am about to start a stockpile of that in the freezer for when the baby gets here.

    Thanks again for your post! Looking foward to more yummy dishes!

    ReplyDelete