Thursday, September 1, 2011

Zucchini Chips

I had a couple of zucchini in my refrigerator and I wanted to do something different than just sauteing them. I have always seen recipes for zucchini chips and thought I'd give them a try. I got this recipe on Spark recipes... they have some good ones. I could NOT stop myself from eating them!!!! Seriously, I just used 1 1/2 zucchini b/c it was just me and I ate EVERY SINGLE ONE! They were great and I will be making them again. I had chicken breast and a fresh tomato with them but they can go with just about anything. Even great for a snack!


1/4 cup dry Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 t salt
1/4 t garlic powder
1/8 t pepper
1/4 c milk OR 2 egg whites
2 medium zucchini, sliced about 1/4 in thick


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk to combine. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk, then dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place slices on ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray, place rack on a baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 30 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately. 




2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious!!! Hope you make me some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I am passing along The Versatile Blogger Award--Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete