Sunday, November 20, 2011

Green Bean Casserole

Here is another staple from Lee's family. His mom and grandma really have the best recipes! This is one of my favorites that I make year round. This is one I can't have just at Thanksgiving.



I can't believe I'm giving this secret away.... It is always a hit and I get asked "what is different about this green bean casserole?!" Well lady and gents... it's all in the cheese. Libby made this one time and I've made this way ever since. I like to make it when we have steak, chicken, or any dish. Not just during thanksgiving. I don't think I could go all year without this one.

2-3 cans of green beans
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 of a small pkg of Velveeta pepper jack cheese
Milk (I don't usually measure so I'd say 2/3 a cup.... You want a thick soupy mixture)
Few splashes of Worcestershire
garlic salt
pepper
Fried onions

In a saucepan, melt cheese, soup, milk, Worcestershire, garlic salt, and pepper. Pour drained beans into a casserole dish. Pour melted mixture over top of beans. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Add fried onions and cook until browned.

No comments:

Post a Comment