Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!!

Hello!! And happy new year!! It's been few and far between since I've blogged so I'm happy to say that my New Years resolution is to blog more. I find myself falling back into my same routine of cooking the same dishes so I plan to start expanding again and sharing my favorites with you. And it helps that I'm pregnant again because all I want to do is eat so that's a plus for you! :)

My first blog of the new year will be my beloved cabbage. It's one of my favorite things that I make and it's always a hit. It's just good home cooked cabbage. For our dinner we had the traditional cabbage, black eyed peas, baked potato, and steak. 

 
It was delish!! I probably never make my cabbage exactly the same but it's close enough.

Ingredients 
Head of cabbage
A slice of bacon, cut into 5 chunks (I use bacon fat if I don't have bacon)
2 T butter
Tony's
Salt/pepper
Pepper sauce

In a stock pot, fill with about 1/2 inch of water. Add bacon, butter, and seasonings except the pepper sauce. Boil for about 5 mins. Meanwhile, cut cabbage into chunks (remove core) and wash throughly. Add cabbage to water; cover and cook on low to medium heat until soft. I add some extra pepper and a few dashes of pepper sauce before serving. Sometimes I don't add butter when using bacon and use butter when I don't have bacon. So just depends on my mood. But it's good both ways!! If you use butter only, use around 4 T of butter. 



I'm glad to be back!! I hope you all have a Happy New Year!!






No comments:

Post a Comment