Thursday, February 24, 2011

Easy Chicken Noodle Soup



Hey y'all!! Sorry it has been so long since my last post. I will do better! So those of you that know me well, know that I am a speech therapist at a nursing home. My company has multiple homes in the area... all with their own SLPs. We came up with the Super Secret Speech Club as our monthly gathering to talk about work, eat, and have wine. It's fun!! I'm very thankful that I work with a great group of girls! This month I hosted our get together. One of the girls does not eat seafood and another is a vegetarian. So I had slim pickings. I figured chicken noodle soup was easy, good, and feeds a lot. This recipe is from MyRecipes.com. I poured the noodles in with the soup but I will not do that next time. The noodles soaked up all the broth! So boil the noodles on their own then pour soup over noodles in individual bowls. We had a salad and bread with it. It was tasty!  You can use any pasta you like.

Ingredients

2  cups  water
1  (32-ounce) carton fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
1  tablespoon  olive oil
1/2  cup  prechopped onion
1/2  cup  prechopped celery
1/2  teaspoon  salt
1/2  teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
1  medium carrot, chopped
6  ounces  fusilli pasta
2 1/2  cups  shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
2  tablespoons  chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
**I add a dash of dried basil

Preparation

1. Boil broth and water (I used a carton + a can of broth + 2 cans of water) over medium heat.

2. While broth mixture heats, heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, celery, salt, pepper, and carrot; sauté 3 minutes or until almost tender, stirring frequently. Add hot broth mixture and chicken; bring to a boil. Stir in parsley before serving.

3. Cook pasta separately. Place noodles into bowl and pour soup over noodles.

Serves 6-8

Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Very excited to give this a try. One question though. Can i make the soup a few hours ahead of time and just add the noodle when I’m ready?

    Luzia
    Highly recommended Farm Land Service

    ReplyDelete
  2. A popular soup is the Nigerian Egusi Soup. This traditional soup is delicious and gets its unique color and flavor from ground Egusi seeds. Best soup maker in India 2020

    ReplyDelete