Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mac N Cheese




This is a VERY good recipe!! Sabrina (loulousucre) gave me this and I have no complaints! It has a rich flavorful taste and you cannot take just one bite. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did. Shredding your own cheese is what makes this dish so if you have the time, I would recommend shredding.

3 c uncooked macaroni (I used penne)
1 stick of butter
1 onion (I used 1/2 large onion), chopped finely
6 T flour
1-2 T of Dijon mustard (depending on if you like mustard taste)
1 qt of warm milk
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of thyme
1 bay leaf, optional
salt/pepper/garlic powder
8 oz block of sharp cheddar cheese, shred
4 oz mont jack cheese, shred
2 oz Gruyere cheese, shred (can use mozzarella if you can't find this cheese)
Parmesan cheese for topping
1 t Tabasco
1 T Worcestershire sauce

Cook macaroni. Melt butter and saute onions until lightly brown. Mix flour in well and cook a minute or two. Add mustard. Pour/whisk in warm milk and simmer. Add nutmeg, thyme, salt, pepper, garlic powder, bay leaf and cook 15 mins. Add cheddar, mont jack, and Gruyere; let melt. (I added a little Parmesan too). Add Tabasco and Worcestershire. Remove bay leaf and sprigs of thyme (if you used fresh). Add macaroni and mix well. Shred Parmesan cheese on top and cook at 350 until bubbly (approx 35-40 mins).

ENJOY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment