Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The BEST Roast



This is my go to roast recipe. It is so easy and has the BEST flavorr of any roast I've ever tasted. Before work, wake up a few minutes early and throw it in the crock pot. When you get home, your house will smell like heaven! There's nothing like having your dinner made for you when you walk in the door. I love when Lee eats it b/c as he is stuffing his face, he tells me that he loves me and I'm the best wife! So you know it's good eating!! :)  I will serve with green beans, broccoli, or squash/zucchini and corn bread. This recipe leftover makes good roast beef poboys or Shepard's pie.

1  onion, sliced
1/2 to 3/4  small bag baby carrots
1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
1/2 pound small new potatoes, halved or quartered
3 pounds beef chuck roast, rinsed and patted dry
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
1 packet onion soup mix
1 cup low-sodium beef broth
1/4 cup steak sauce (I use A-1)

Into a slow cooker, put the onions, carrots, mushrooms, and potatoes.

Season the roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the meat on all sides in oil. When it is browned, put it in the slow cooker on top of the vegetables.

In a small bowl, stir together the cream of celery soup, onion soup mix, beef broth, and steak sauce. Pour over top of roast. Cover and cook on high setting for 3 to 4 hours or low for 8 to 9 hours.

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE this roast recipe....we are always feeding an extra 14 year old boy or two and when they know I am making this they are usually the 1st ones at the table !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete