Monday, November 1, 2010

Momma's Shrimp-n-Rice


Yet another wonderful recipe from my SIL, Libby. She always makes the best, easiest, flavorful recipes! She made this years ago when Lee and I went to visit and I fell in love with it. I've made it with chicken and I'm sure crawfish would be good too. My dad is always boiling shrimp so this is my shrimp go to recipe when we have left overs. If the shrimp is already cooked, I don't cook it as long in the skillet. Sometimes I add mushrooms too! Enjoy!!


1 lb or 3 c of shrimp
1 can cream of mushroom
1 bell pepper
1 small onion
3 stalks of celery
1/2 stick butter
1/2 t garlic
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 1/2 cups rice, cooked**
Bread crumbs
Salt/pepper to taste

** I use two boil in the bag packages of rice.

Preheat oven to 325. Chop and sautee pepper, onion, and celery in butter. Set aside. In saucepan, add garlic and shrimp. Cook until pink. Add soup and cheese; pour in veggies ans salt/pepper. Bake for 20 minutes. Top with bread crumbs and bake until browned/bubbly.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! How delicious! I'm going to have to copy this recipe! So glad I found your blog! :-) Can't wait to hear more about you & your yummy recipes! Hope you are doing great! -Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds super yummy! My dad is always boiling shrimp too, I'm going to try this!! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete