Sunday, December 19, 2010

Slow Cooked Brisket


This is another recipe from my friend Laura Bowman. She is all about easy and good so I make her share her recipes with me! We had this one night at her house and it was outstanding! It has so much flavor and it's so tender. Another one of those throw in the crock pot and come home to a cooked meal. The best. So I made this last week because I knew I was having a busy week. We ate on this for a few days and it got better each time. The best part was when I got home that evening and as I was unlocking my front door, I could smell it from outside. Amazing! Serve with green beans or salad with a warm bread... You will need the bread to soak up the juice!

1 brisket (I got a long one and cut it in half)
Minced garlic
1 large bottle of Italian dressing
2 pkgs of French onion soup
2 Potatoes, cubed (I used new potatoes)
1 bag of baby carrots
*if you want mushrooms or celery you could add that too 
Salt and pepper
A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce  
2 cans of beef broth

-Put big sheet of foil in bottom of crockpot- enough to be able to close it with everything in it.
-Cut slits in brisket and put garlic in slits- not sure how much just however much garlic you think you might like
-Salt and pepper the brisket real well on both sides- that pepper is what made it so spicy last time, you don’t have to do too much if you don’t want
-place brisket in crockpot
-add potatoes and carrots (whatever veggies you want)
-add Italian dressing, French onion mix, Worcestershire sauce, and beef broth so it covers everything.
-close foil and cook on low all day

No comments:

Post a Comment