Friday, December 10, 2010

Dad's Sausage, Bean's and Rice


My dad made this recipe ALL the time while I was growing up. My mom and dad both worked A LOT so anything that was quick and easy.... worked. It really reminds me of my family and when I make it for others, they LOVE it. Lee always request this dish when it's later in the evening and nothing is thawed. A link of sausage takes 5-10 minutes to thaw so it's very functional. My dad always browned the sausage until it's almost burnt. I like that but others may not. Hope you all enjoy!!


1 link of Hillshire Farms smoked sausage, sliced (I don't like the Down Home sausage with this because it doesn't brown well )
2 cans of Ranch Style beans, undrained
1 bag of instant rice
Seasonings: salt, pepper, Tony's
A big pinch of brown sugar


In a big skillet, brown sliced sausage to your liking. Drain fat. Add cans of beans and seasonings. Let simmer while rice cooks. Serve over rice. This recipe feeds 2-3 people.


** I like to add diced jalapenos with juice or sometimes I'll add the Ranch Style beans with jalapenos or with sweet onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment