Thursday, December 30, 2010

Cheese Ball


So this one was brought to work by Chad, our tech. We always give him a hard time because he signs up for plates or silverware when we have a pot luck at work. So he told us he would impress us with an appetizer.... and he did! It was great! Everyone really enjoyed it so I made it for a Christmas party I had at my house. There wasn't much left but I brought the rest to work and it was gone by the end of the day. So I don't think you can go wrong here people. It's easy to make and good to eat. I added a ranch packet to my cream cheese just to add a little extra flavor and it was good. Not too big of a difference so if you have one and want to add it go ahead but if not, no worries. It will be just as good! Serve with wheat thins.


8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 ranch packet if you like
8 oz mild shredded cheddar cheese
8 oz sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1 bunch of green onion, chopped
red pepper flakes (be generous)
chopped pecans


Mix cream cheese and ranch; add remaining ingredients and mix well. Place on wax paper and mold into a ball; chill over night. If your having a party (and if you have the time), you can make small individual balls for easy serving. Serve with wheat thins.

No comments:

Post a Comment