Sunday, January 9, 2011

Honey Garlic Pork Tenderloin


This recipe came from Mardi Gras to Mistletoe by the Shreveport Jr League (my favorite cookbook ever). I really liked this recipe. It was different and it had a good flavor!!! We had friends over when I made this and they were VERY impressed. I really like pork and it can be made so many ways. So I try to make it as many ways as possible. This recipe called for simple ingredients that you usually have on hand. I used the bottle lemon juice and it was just fine... I served with cabbage, Zatarain's long grain wild rice (which is my favorite!) and bread. I don't have a roasting pan so I took pan (deeper than a regular cookie sheet) and place a rack over it. It fit right on top so it was basically the same concept. Broiling this pork really adds great texture to it. I loved how it had a little crunch to it. Now on to the recipe...


Marinade and Pork
1/2 c Creole mustard
1/2 c honey
2 T lemon juice
8 garlic cloves, minced
2 t salt
2 t pepper
2 lbs pork tenderloin


Honey-Creole Sauce
1/2 c Creole mustard
1/3 c mayo
1/4 c honey
1 T lemon juice
1/2 t pepper


Marinade and pork: Mix the creole mustard, honey, lemon juice, garlic, salt/pepper in a large shallow dish or sealable heavy-duty plastic bag. Add the pork and turn to coat. Cover or seal tightly and marinate in the refrigerator for 3 to 10 hours, turning occasionally; drain.


 Place the pork on a lightly greased rack in a foil-lined roasting pan. Broil 6 inches from the heat source for 5 minutes (I broiled for a little longer and I turned the pork; just watch it). Roast at 425 degrees for 15 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160 degrees (I found that it took closer to 25-30 minutes but this is depend on the size of pork loin). Let stand for several minutes before slicing.


Sauce: Mix the creole mustard, mayo, honey, lemon juice and pepper in a bowl until of a sauce consistency. Serve the sauce with the pork.

1 comment: